Top 10 Jobs for November
1. Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and beds.
2. Raise containers onto pot feet to prevent waterlogging.
3. Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year.
4. Prune roses to prevent wind-rock.
5. Plant out winter bedding.
6. Cover brassicas with netting if pigeons are a problem.
7. Insulate outdoor containers from frost - bubblewrap works well.
8. Stop winter moth damage to fruit trees using grease bands around the trunks.
9. Put out bird food to encourage winter birds into the garden.
10. Use a seasonal bonfire - where this is allowed - to dispose of excess debris unfit for composting.